It would be the other way around:

If you wrote it : "my masters thesis”, because it is the thesis from your
“masters" degree
If your master wrote it : "my master’s thesis”, because the thesis is owned
(hence the possessive apostrophe) by the “master"

Both could be valid English. Which version is correct would depend on the
context and desired meaning.

Cheers,

Nick