On Mon, Sep 26, 2016 at 04:14:49PM +0200, Daniel Naber wrote:
> On 2016-09-26 15:49, Dmitri Gabinski wrote:
> > I find a mail list a better solution generally: you can archive
> > threads/messages that you deem relevant and delete ones that you deem
> > irrelevant.
>
> You can also do that with a forum, as you can get everything you're
> interested in via mail too.

With a forum you have to log in everytime (provided you are not saving
your credentials) and you don't get to use the interface of your choice
to write messages. You can even use your tools of choice for search if
you have local mail and don't have to hope that the forum search works
as it should...

For someone like me who is mostly stalking the mailing list, logging in
occasionally to reply in a thread should not make much of a difference
in practice though.

Cheers,

Silvan