Hi Lee,

first of all, thanks for your detailed reply.

But let me keepthis short:

Lee Jenkins wrote:
> I've been using Lazarus on Windows seriously for about a year now and
> I've become pretty damn productive with it.

Nice to hear, and I do believe you.

But i do not like the mouse and I don't even have one (on any of my 4
PCs base local net)
The IDE is simply not operable without a mouse. The compiler is surely
able to do the actual work for creating executables used within a
productive environment.

I didn't want to offense anyone with my opinion regarding the state of
the IDE.

> I've been using Lazarus because I want my current projects to be
> cross-platform.
same here!

> That is the value for me and my customers.  As nice as
> Delphi2007 IDE *really* is, it doesn't compile cross-platform or even to
> 64 bit, but Lazarus does.
No.You are right. And since borland changed to inprise, and back to
borland,and forth to codegear, dropping off Kylix underway ... I am not
really convinced by the company-politics anymore (and I really have been
a "BorMAN")

> And what's more, Lazarus is on par with
> Delphi6 (IMO) IDE which makes it the most workable, viable and robust
> solution for using ObjectPascal to build apps portable between platforms.
You don't need to convince me :-)

> Like me, you're probably impressed with the increased level of traffic
> and involvement there is in the freepascal and lazarus projects over the
> last couple of years.  Its enough to give me the confidence to use
> lazarus/freepascal for some production, commercial products.

Really good to hear, that there are people with concepts, that go far
beyond a 'proof of concept'....

> Welcome Back!

TNX

--