Vincent Snijders wrote:
Alex du Plessis schreef:
I have recently installed lazarus 0.9.25 and postgres version 8.3 on a Windows XP box.

sqldb used to connect flawlessly in my previous installations but suddenly I have no luck in connecting to the database.Even after updating fpc.cfg to point to all the correct directories.

Lazarus keeps on insisting it cannot find libpq.dll.When I investigated I found a number of .lib files in the /lib subdirectory of postgres but a libpq.a (among a few other .a files).

Did you install the postgress client libraries? I assume they include a .dll file.

Vincent

I certainly did - and in the library file directory one only finds the libpq.a file no libpq.dll

Alex