I'm building right now a translator of Object Pascal to ECMAscript. I
just need a common run-time library, which I'm building on top of
FPC's RTL and the LCL. If someone wants to have a portable
application, they just have to use the classes of the Virtual Machine
Library (VML, not to confuse with VCL).

Later, the translator will just change the syntax from Object Pascal
to the VM's natural language using a template, then compile the
application with an open-source or SDK's compiler, and integrate
everything with a version of the VML for the target platform.

>From the programmer's point of view, it work exactly as an optimal
Pascal command line compiler.

That's my strategy.

-Marco