Zitat von Graeme Geldenhuys <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> On 07/02/2008, Paul Ishenin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > >
> > > In summary.  TButton.Color is not available in LCL because Win32
> > > doesn't allow a button face to change color without custom drawing.
> > > Yet other widget sets do like Qt and GTK1.
> >
> > That problem has been havily discussed in lazarus-dev list and we came
> > to the conclusion that such properties should be in LCL, but on the
> > other hand they must be marked some way in object inspector as "non
> > cross platform".
>
> My apologies. I didn't know of a 'lazarus-dev' mailing list.  When was
> this decided, in the last 7 days?  Because from your comment  in he
> mantis bug report dated 2008-02-01 (7 days ago), your clearly stated
> that it _shouldn't_ be supported.

Here is a small abstract about the current state of the discussion:
Some properties can not be supported on some widgetsets, because it would
require a lot of work, which no laz devel wants to do. OTOH some native
features are so great, that the LCL should support them, but only on a subset
of the widgetsets.
The main problem is how can the programmer see, what property/method is
available on what platform. The documentation is a good place, but not
sufficient. It should be marked in the OI and identifier completion as well.
The information can not be stored in the LCL alone and must be readable when
cross designing. So one solution could be a xml file in each widgetset. This
kind of information is needed by other libs as well. For example database
front/backends. So maybe a more generic solution is needed.

Mattias