Alex du Plessis schreef:
Marc Weustink wrote:
Alex du Plessis wrote:
Hi all

Earlier I reported a problem finding libpq.dll. I then suspected a problem on my disc and did a complete Windows XP re-install, followed by a postgres 8.3 install and then a Lazarus 0.9.25 re-install.

I started by changing fpc.cfg to add the library path of the libpq.dll file to fpc.cfg and that had no effect. The TPQConnection still could not find the file libpq.dll when trying to set the connection to active. Restarting Lazarus also did not improve this situation.(Maybe it needed to reread fpc.cfg?).

I finally resorted to copying the libpq file into /windows/sytem32 and tried to connect again. This time round Lazarus asked for ssleay32.dll as well as vsinit.dll. After duly downloading and copying these files into system32.

On trying to connect this time I get the message "The ordinal 284 could not be located in the link library SSLEAY32.DLL". Even trying with different versions of ssleay32 does not solve the problem. At this point Lazarus shows the connection as "Active" in the object inspector but seems to be frozen. Switching to another task in the windows taskbar brings Lazarus out of its reverie and gives me the message "Can not load the PostgreSQL client. Is it installed?(libpq.dll)".

Does anybody have any idea how to rectify this problem?

Regards.

Alex

Thanx for the advice, I have already adjusted the PATH variable. However it still does not solve the problem of looking for an unknown ordinal value in ssleay32?

where did you find the SSLEAY32.dll ?
You said you downloaded and copied it ?

Marc

I searched on the web and downloaded from there. Should I have obtained it from a specific location?
Copied it into system32.

I have ssleay32.dll in C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\8.3\bin, which was created when installing PostgreSQL 8.3 the other day.

Vincent

P.S. How hard is it to remove footers from an email before replying?