Hi Mattias,

I went to the following URL:

http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Getting_Lazarus#Getting_Lazarus_from_our_Ubuntu_repository

and opened a terminal with "sudo -i" and then followed the
instructions. I now have a working Lazarus system.

Many thanks to all those who have helped.

Regards,
        PEW   ;-)))

--
Fond Regards,
Peter Eric (aka 'pew') WILLIAMS

My free website is:
http://pewtas.googlepages.com  (or)  http://tinyurl.com/yuyejs

(please visit my free website and let me know what you think about it.)