Hi,

   I have a question about using Bruce Lindbloom's UP Lab color space
with lcms. I would like to convert images with embedded profiles into this
space, do some manipulations, and then back again to write the output
files.

Have  taken a look on Bruce Linbloom site... found this paragraph:
"The A2B0 tag of the profile converts from CIE Lab to UP Lab.
The B2A0 tag performs the inverse transformation."

Unfortunately this is the reverse way to do things, and thus the profile
is unuseable. Not only on lcms, but on any CMM. Problem is,
used in this way UPLab would be understood as the PCS by the
CMM, and ICC only supports XYZ and CIELab as PCS.

But if what you  want is a perceptually uniform space to do
image processing, I strongly suggest to use CIECAM02 instead.
There is an implementation of CAM02 in lcms, you could also build
a ColorSpace profile in few steps if you need faster performance.

Regards,
--
Marti Maria
The littlecms project.