Jennifer Dorner wrote:
I cannot find on the Legacy site how they recommend dealing with
individuals whose surnames are unknown. In a previous program, I would
put two slashes (//) in the surname field, but when I do this in
Legacy it warns me about adding symbols. What is advised: leave the
field blank, use "unknown"? Any suggestions?

Jennifer

Depending on the circumstances, there are many suggestions in answer to this question, and I would suggest that you read the archives (URL at the end of every email). Personally, I prefer to leave them blank, but in the end the choice is yours.

BTW. putting symbols into any field can be problematical should one wish to create web pages at some stage in the future - a generalisation, but worth avoiding them.

New Tutorial: Embed Blogger RSS feed into your Website
http://www.fergys.co.uk
Includes the family tree for Alan J Grimshaw
http://www.fergys.co.uk/Grimshaw/
For The Fergusons of N.W. England