From: CE WOOD
Sent: Sunday, August 6, 2017 10:55 AM
To: Legacy User Group
Subject: Re: [LegacyUG] Concerns about MyHeritage

Their TreeBuilder syncs with their website. I do not use it, so know only that.

Complete privacy on the website occurs ONLY if you set those options on your
website tree. If you have more than one tree loaded on your website, you must
set the privacy settings for each. Some people don't mind having people find
and/or view some of their trees.

You can even set your tree so that it cannot be found if someone searches. You
can do the same for any pictures or files you upload. If someone can't find
your info by searching, they cannot view it.

You can limit those who can find your site to only your list of "members", and
you can prevent "members" from changing anything on your site.

On far too many internet sites you find on the internet, people think a source
is someone else's website! With very, very few exceptions, you can never trust
anyone else's sources; you must go to their source yourself to check.

My research is mainly medieval. My sources are original documents (primary
sources) or reliable secondary sources such as Complete Peerage, Domesday
Descendants, Domesday People, Settipani's tomes, etc.., but, with new documents
being discovered almost daily, especially in England, errors have been found in
many of those. There are several scholarly websites devoted solely to the
corrections in those.

MyHeritage is very far from perfect, but they have access to only your
information that you allow them.

CE