The genealogy community keeps wanting more and "both/and".

Cathy

johnbernac...@iprimus.com.au <mailto:johnbernac...@iprimus.com.au>
Sunday, 6 August 2017 11:22 AM

I realise that Legacy is currently a stand-alone program but I cannot see how it can last in its current form. First, technology and users expectations rapidly change and increase, while it my understanding is that Legacy is built on _outdated technology_ which is why it cannot handle Unicode. Secondly, I cannot see why MyHeritage, which does everything online would keep Legacy which cannot cater for all their worldwide/culturally diverse users. It simply does not gel.

I do not buy the reassurances given. I have been through restructures and merges in private and public sectors.Reassurances about changes to practices or staffing never bear out.

John

*From:* Denise Moss-Fritch <mailto:d.mossfri...@comcast.net>
*Sent:* Sunday, August 06, 2017 12:48 PM
*To:* 'Legacy User Group' <mailto:legacyusergroup@legacyusers.com>
*Subject:* Re: [LegacyUG] Fw: Concerns about MyHeritage

If you sync with MyHeritage and leave the setting to public, then you tree would be visible.

If you sync with MyHeritage, but set your tree to private (as is my tree) than no one will be able to see your data.

If you do not sync your tree to MyHeritage, no tree will be uploaded.

All the above are the same criteria as is found on Ancestry. I know, as I have a private tree there too.

Denise