How can they ?

Your data is on your computer, it is only seen if you share it!

Carrie

From: LegacyUserGroup [mailto:legacyusergroup-boun...@legacyusers.com] On
Behalf Of GORDON M TAYLOR
Sent: 06 August 2017 15:44
To: Legacy User Group <legacyusergroup@legacyusers.com>
Subject: Re: [LegacyUG] Fw: Concerns about MyHeritage

MH can see your file now in LFT 9.

gmt

________________________________
From: LegacyUserGroup
<legacyusergroup-boun...@legacyusers.com<mailto:legacyusergroup-boun...@legacyusers.com>>
 on behalf of Chris Hill
<chris.hill.11he...@gmail.com<mailto:chris.hill.11he...@gmail.com>>
Sent: Sunday, August 6, 2017 3:02:56 AM
To: 'Legacy User Group'

One of the concerns that I am seeing in this set of messages is a fear that
MyHeritage will be able to extract a copy of your tree from your local PC
through Legacy.

To do that, they will need to get Millennia to make changes to the Legacy
program, which I doubt that they will do so long as they are operating
totally separately.

If they did manage to make that change they would also need your explicit
permission to do it.

Doing it without permission, which could be done, is the theft of your
private information, including information on living people.

That would be illegal in the EU, GB and, I assume, USA, and I am sure that
your USA based users are quite capable of raising a class issue against them
if they did it.

If, as it has been suggested, MyHeritage have ignored a user setting that a
tree is Private and converted it to Public tree with no permission, they are
again breaking our laws.

 So, there should not be an issue here, but we do need to keep an eye on
what they are planning and doing.

Regards

Chris