Ilya Zverev wrote:
> Let's consider another use case. An application that shows OSM map,
> and on top of it shows 1 mln of user points. A users has an option to
> hide the OSM map underneath proprietary points, with a radius of 1
> km. Does in that moment when a user clickes the options, the
> combined map become derivative?

The question then would be how ODbL treats a machine-generated result like
that, where both independent datasets are transmitted to the device but the
selection/arrangement of the "combined" result is done algorithmically
on-device.

That probably depends on your reading of the terms "Convey", "Use" and
"Publicly" in ODbL; I confess to not being 100% sure how they would apply in
such a case, and would be interested to hear others' opinions.

Richard