I got this email a while ago in response to a request to use data from the Queensland Spatial Catalogue catalogue, I'm just wondering if it is sufficient for explicit permission or if I will need to liaise more.

Reuben

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject:        RE: OpenStreetMap Use of CC data <<ref:31910>>
Date:   Mon, 11 Jul 2016 05:14:27 +0000
From:   DNRM - Open Data
To:     reuben_p

Hello Reuben,

Thanks for your question regarding the licensing of data.

You are welcome to use DNRM data as long as you adhere to the terms and conditions for each dataset ( these can be found in the metadata).

Information on privacy <https://www.dnrm.qld.gov.au/legal/privacy>,copyright <https://www.dnrm.qld.gov.au/legal/copyright>and disclaimers <https://www.dnrm.qld.gov.au/legal/disclaimer>that apply to the use of DNRM data can be found on our website.

In general, unless otherwise indicated, mostdata is licensed under _Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Australia License <http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/au/>_.

Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Australia License

If you are in doubt of the licencing requirements of a specific dataset, send the data’s link or name to opendata <mailto:opend...@dnrm.qld.gov.au>and we will advise.

If you have any further questions please reply to this email.

Regards,

Marc Buckingham

Information Officer

Department of Natural Resources and Mines

Postal Address: GPO Box 2454, Brisbane Q 4001

Supporting - Open Data <https://data.qld.gov.au/dataset?organization=natural-resources-and-mines>, Qld Globe <http://www.dnrm.qld.gov.au/mapping-data/queensland-globe>, QTopo <https://www.business.qld.gov.au/business/support-tools-grants/services/mapping-data-imagery/maps/topographic-maps>, Floodcheck <https://www.dnrm.qld.gov.au/mapping-data/maps/flood-mapping-program/floodcheck-map>, eSurvey <https://www.business.qld.gov.au/industry/titles-property-construction/surveying/earl-services>and more