Hello,

I'm just trying to recover what appears to be a bug with the script buffering in
lftp (Cygwin, Version 4.3.6):  I have created a mirror script with lftp, which
is then filtered through sed to set some options and executed by lftp again.
That script has some fairly long lines and parallel command execution is set to
10.  It appears that lftp reads in the script in chunks (possibly 2kiB, but I
can't be sure, but the bug does not show if I shorten the lines so that ten
lines of input are always less then 2kiB).  If the last command straddles the
buffer boundary, that line is truncated and the resulting command is executed.
As my luck would have it, one of the buffers just ended after:

rm -r /cygdrive/c/

The next command lftp tries to execute is the remainder of that line over in the
next buffer (which doesn't work obviously and it was that error message that
caused me to stop the script).

The rest, as they say, is history... :-(

I hope the description makes sense and can hopefully be easily reproduced (I got
the same result when replacing the "rm" with "ls", so there's no need to nuke
your root dir too).  I don't know yet if that bug is specific to Cygwin.

Regards,
Achim.