Yep, I met with Silent Circle's CEO and other staff including Jon Callas for a
Slate piece I'm doing which I think might address some of the q's being raised
here. Was told quite categorically that everything will be made open source
after release. Also told me they have a white paper which is being peer
reviewed then published. I believe there may be one or two people on this list
who've been testing the beta version, so maybe they might want to weigh in...?
I'd be v keen to hear the thoughts of anyone who's tested.

To Nadim: I'm interested to know, did you contact anyone at SC before writing
your blog post? Seems to me you arrived at your rather scathing conclusion
largely on the basis of an assumption. A sort of shoot first, ask questions
later approach. It actually says on the SC website that SC will use "Open
Source Peer-Reviewed Encryption." It also says, unambiguously, "We believe in
open source."