David Nalesnik wrote Monday, January 09, 2017 9:51 PM

> On Mon, Jan 9, 2017 at 2:00 PM, David Nalesnik <david.nales...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> I'm adding a snippet to a patch dealing with hairpins, and I'm not
>> sure what I need to do.
>>
>> I've added the snippet to Documentation/snippets/new.
>>
>> Do I then need to run scripts/auxiliar/makelsr.py and add the
>> resulting files to my patch for upload to Rietveld?
>>
>> The reason I ask is that there is a snippet not my own which is
>> getting written to Documentation/snippets/ when I run the script:
>> using-marklines-in-a-frenched-score.ly.  This leads to changes in
>> Documentation/snippets/staff-notation.snippet-list as well.
>>
>> I don't want these changes jumbled in with my patch.
>
> Looking over several older patches affecting snippets, I see that I
> should run the makelsr script and add the resulting files.
>
> This, however, was not done in the last patch adding a snippet:
>
> commit 5944d20489bb5b8e4c4907fa3b3bcae9ec275ccb
> Author: Mark Knoop <m...@opus11.net>
> Date:   Thu Sep 8 18:56:16 2016 +0100
>
> I'm at a loss what to do.   Should I just add the files relevant to my
> patch, and ignore those produced by Mark's?

The normal practice is to include the makelsr.py changes with
your patch on Reitveld, but as two separate commits, so the
makelsr.py changes are in a commit on their own.

In this case, as there are some other changes involved, I
suggest running makelsr.py first, before applying your patch,
and push to staging.  No need for a prior review.  Then your
patch, including a second makelsr.py in a separate commit,
can be uploaded to Reitveld cleanly.

Trevor