Hi David,

On 2017-01-19 12:59, Trevor Daniels wrote:
David, you wrote Thursday, January 19, 2017 10:18 AM

it would appear that my excursion into a regular workplace ended up
somewhat shortlived.

Really sorry to hear that, but it's great to have you back!

Ditto.  I wish that you would have had better luck with that endeavor...

So for the short time range, I am again dependent
on support by other LilyPond lovers.

I'll definitely turn on my financial contribution again.

Ditto, although it's just a drop in a mostly empty bucket...

So what's next on my agenda?
[...]
And, of course, this is an opportunity to try putting out the 2.20
release finally.

Definitely the top priority, IMO.

+1. A personal wish: I think that \lyricsto ChoirStaff = "ctx" { ... } has the potential to be a killer feature w.r.t. usability for choir literature (especially combined with the upcoming automatic extenders). Unfortunately, assignment of lyrics to *container* contexts does not work (at least, not reliably), and extender generation is completely defunct. I reported that in a thread from 2016-12-26 on bug-lilypond, but could not motivate any supporters yet.

I saw a comment by you that you are aware of the issue; can't remember where, it was at some point during my (unsuccessful) debugging streak for the problem - might well be a very old comment in the issue tracker or a commit message or the like. May I kindly ask you to have a look and think about whether this might be tackleable before 2.20? I have no good intuition for the complexity of this issue; the *specification* part should be reasonably simple (which syllable corresponds to which note(s)), but I don't know what kind of difficulties the current design presents for actually coding it.

Cheers,
Alexander