"Trevor Daniels" <t.dani...@treda.co.uk> writes:

> David, you wrote Thursday, April 06, 2017 4:54 PM
>
>> You could try separate commands \voicifyUp and \voicifyDown .  I am not
>> sure whether or not \voicify should not be \voices or \voicing or
>> \voicings instead, possibly making for nicer compounds like that.
>>
>> I mean, something like
>>
>> \voices 1,3,4 ...
>
> Although you later argued cogently against compounds like \voicesUp I
> think \voices is a better choice than \voicify anyway, simply because
> it expresses its operation more clearly (not sure what meaning the word
> "voicify" would trigger in the mind - in Google it enables voice dictation;
> in Twitter it applies a filter, for example).
>
> In other words \voices stands better than \voicify on its own merits.

I'll not stop the countdown for now but am going to commit with this
change unless we get a conflicting view in which case it would make
sense to stop the countdown and gather more opinions, possibly from the
user list.

Not sure what to name input/regression/voicify.ly instead, though.
"voicify.ly" is clearly referring to the command, "voices.ly" is much
more ambiguous.  But at least it is not taken yet.

--
David Kastrup