Great!

Two thoughts:

(1)
it's a common request on the user list how to continue a tie into the <<
\\ >> - construct.
I'm aware we explain it at the lines of "don't use the
double-backslash".
Also, how to use named voices is explained, iirc.

Though, I'd like to see an explicit example like

\new Voice = main {
  a'4^~
  \voicify main , 2
  << a' \\ c' >>
}

more prominently mentioned somewhere in the Learning Manual (even
shorter than the regtest).

Tbh, I'm not sure where to insert it, otherwise I'd commented infile.

(2)

https://codereview.appspot.com/320820043/diff/40001/scm/music-functions.scm
File scm/music-functions.scm (right):

https://codereview.appspot.com/320820043/diff/40001/scm/music-functions.scm#newcode968
scm/music-functions.scm:968:
Why not throw an error if lengths of `lst' and `id' doesn't match?
Something at the lines of:

(if (not (= (length lst)(length id)))
        (ly:error
                "~a: more voices (~a) than id's (~a)"
                (*location*)
                (length lst)
                (length id)))

I'm aware about the warning below which will be printed in this case.
Though, "No more voicification ids" sounds not clear enough, imho.
And a the compilation of the .ly-file will not be successfull anyway.

https://codereview.appspot.com/320820043/