Thanks Federico. I'm debating whether to learn libvirt or take the LilyDev4 upgrade to Debian9 / Guile2.2 path...

When looking at this before I tried "Virtual Machine Manager" https://virt-manager.org/ but it didn't work for me (can't remember why now, I didn't go too far into it...). So maybe I should just learn to use libvirt directly.

On the one hand VirtualBox is the path of least resistance and would minimize time spent on tooling (at least in short run). On the other hand since you use libvirt, switching to that is probably better over the long-term.

-Paul