Hi Amir,

thanks a lot for your patch.

I don't know anything about arabic music.
So most comments are naggings about formating/indenting issues...

Thanks,
  Harm

https://codereview.appspot.com/317550043/diff/20001/ly/arabic.ly
File ly/arabic.ly (right):

https://codereview.appspot.com/317550043/diff/20001/ly/arabic.ly#newcode19
ly/arabic.ly:19: \version "2.18.2"
The version should be the version since this works, i.e. "2.19.60"

https://codereview.appspot.com/317550043/diff/20001/ly/arabic.ly#newcode23
ly/arabic.ly:23: % The accidental that lowers by a quarter is however
the slashed flat, not the mirrored one lilypond uses by default.
Please keep a 80-characters line-width, here and at several instances
below.

https://codereview.appspot.com/317550043/diff/20001/ly/arabic.ly#newcode42
ly/arabic.ly:42: % Ajam family
There seems to be no entry for 'Ajam family'. Or is the 'Bayati family'
a subset of the 'Ajam family'?
In any case I'd insert a comment to clearify.

https://codereview.appspot.com/317550043/diff/20001/ly/arabic.ly#newcode87
ly/arabic.ly:87: % Nahawand family
Same as above.

https://codereview.appspot.com/317550043/diff/20001/ly/arabic.ly#newcode129
ly/arabic.ly:129: \override Accidental #'glyph-name-alist =
\TwentyFourTETglyphs
This syntax is outdated.
Please use
\override Accidental.glyph-name-alist = \TwentyFourTETglyphs
here and similar next line.

https://codereview.appspot.com/317550043/diff/20001/ly/arabic.ly#newcode130
ly/arabic.ly:130: \override KeySignature #'glyph-name-alist =
\TwentyFourTETglyphs
Please always use spaces not tabs in .ly and .scm-files.
Though, why do you indent it more than the line above at all?
Same for next line.

https://codereview.appspot.com/317550043/diff/20001/ly/arabic.ly#newcode157
ly/arabic.ly:157: % Amir Czwink: I left this for backward compatibility
but it is basically useless...
line-width

https://codereview.appspot.com/317550043/diff/20001/ly/arabic.ly#newcode158
ly/arabic.ly:158: % The \dwn command is totally impractical and
cumbersome, as one has to write the \dwn command in front of any quarter
tone, and also it does not work for key signatures.