On Tue, Jul 4, 2017 at 6:53 AM, Federico Bruni <f...@inventati.org> wrote:

> Jay,
>
> today I've stumbled upon the same problem you reported here:
> http://lilypond.1069038.n5.nabble.com/Building-issues-lilypo
> nd-and-docs-td198696.html#a198786
>
> Context: I'm building a Fedora container which I'd like to make available
> as an alternative to current LilyDev.
> As I want to keep it as small as possible, I do not want to add all the
> packages that a "dnf builddep lilypond" would bring in. So I had to work
> out some dependencies not caught by lilypond configure. Should this be
> reported maybe?
>
> Actually it's only one dependency. In Fedora the package is called
> perl-Math-Complex.
>
> I found it out thanks to Alexander Kobel suggestion in the thread above,
> i.e. running `make build/mf/out/feta11.pfb`, which produced some output I
> can't find anymore but basically the message was:
>
> Can't locate Math/Trig.pm
>
> Installing perl-Math-Complex solved the problem and I could run make
> successfully.

I think it should be reported as a build-time bug. Feels like installing
the documented build dependencies should be sufficient. In any case, I've
moved on to using lilydev which has been working fine for me. And I've
re-installed my local operating system so I'm not sure I'd be able to
re-create the issue.

A lilydev like container would be very nice. Much more light-weight and
customizable than a full virtual machine. In bocca al lupo.

-----Jay