On 2017/07/15 08:55:43, richard_rshann.plus.com wrote:
On Sat, 2017-07-15 at 08:51 +0100, Richard Shann wrote:
> On Sat, 2017-07-15 at 00:40 -0700, mailto:thomasmorle...@gmail.com
wrote:
> > On 2017/07/15 07:25:37, http://richard_rshann.plus.com wrote:
> > > On Sat, 2017-07-15 at 00:09 -0700,
mailto:thomasmorle...@gmail.com

> > > You give an example of multiple bass figures on a note, I'm not
> sure
> > > what you would wish to see for that case,
> >
> > In
> > <<
> >    \relative c' { c1 c1 }
> >    \figures { <6+>2 <6+>2 <6+>1 }
> >
> > I would expect same aligning for first and second BassFigure
related
> > the note.
> (understood: first and second *group* of bass figures)
>
> That would be ok, although when you have multiple figures on a note
> allowing a bit more space for them can be good sometimes. You could
> always move the whole group along by inserting a short duration note
> with no figure in the bass figures if there was a particular case
> where
> this seemed obtrusive (hacky of course).
>
> So I think you could validly object that you didn't like them being
> treated differently.
Ha! I think I was being over-generous to your case here :)
consider

<<
    \relative c' { c1 c2 }
    \figures { <_+>2 <6+>2  <_+>4 <4>4}

In the current LilyPond the two groups of figures are aligned
differently.

As a debugging-helper I coded a visualization.tool:

\layout {
  \context {
    \FiguredBass
    \override BassFigure.after-line-breaking =
      #(lambda (grob)
        (let ((line
                (ly:make-stencil
                  (ly:stencil-expr (make-filled-box-stencil '(0 . 0) '(0
. 10)))
                  '(0 . 0)
                  '(0 . 0))))
        (format #t "\nX-extent:\t~a"
          (interval-length (ly:grob-property grob 'X-extent)))
        (ly:grob-set-property! grob 'stencil
          (box-stencil
            (ly:stencil-combine-at-edge
              (ly:stencil-combine-at-edge
                line Y RIGHT (ly:text-interface::print grob) 0)
              X RIGHT line 0)
          0 0))))
  }
}

After applying it to your example I'm not sure what you mean. I don't
see a significant difference.

https://codereview.appspot.com/325070043/