Hi Manuela,

That works of course. I think I use \shape and \shapeII more than anyone in
existence!  I find these functions necessary and indispensable.

But I suppose the difficulty of asking questions is hat often we don't make
out implicit assumptions explicit. What was rather hoping is that, what you
would naturally expect when telling the tuplet bracket to avoid the slur is
that it should actually, ah, avoid the slur, yet it manifestly does not.

So is this a bug or a defect or just bad behaviour in lilypond? What is
really going here? I confess I have not done thorough searches of the bug
list about this before posting, but perhaps someone who knows could
illuminate?

Andrew