On Jul 13, 2017 3:36 PM, "Urs Liska" <u...@openlilylib.org> wrote:

Also forwarding to the list.

However, despite my hope at the end of the below message I did *not* find
the culprit why it doesn't work with current LilyPond anymore. It would be
cool if you (David) could have a look at the code and help me get this to
work again.

Best
Urs

I'll have a look when I'm at my computer.  I think I gave you the wrong
predicate--should be ly:grob-properties?  I think.  In any case, I'll work
it out.

Subject: Re: Is the lyric-syllable-magnetic-snap snippet obsolete?
To: David Nalesnik <david.nales...@gmail.com> <david.nales...@gmail.com>
From: Urs Liska <u...@openlilylib.org> <u...@openlilylib.org>
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2017 22:16:01 +0200

Hi David,

thanks for the reply.

Am 13.07.2017 um 22:06 schrieb David Nalesnik:

On Jul 13, 2017 2:53 PM, "Urs Liska" <u...@openlilylib.org> wrote:

There is the snippet notation-snippets/lyric-syllable-magnetic-snap
which doesn't work with 2.19.60 (2.18 works).

I believe it can be fixed by changing a predicate (sorry i can't view the
source now to say which one) to ly:grob-property?  This would make it fail
with 2.18, so a version predicate would be needed.

OK, maybe I'll find it myself then.
I'm right now working on a new openLilyLib package. This means I won't keep
2.18 support. We decided to drop that with the oll-core based
infrastructure, just because there are so fundamental improvements around
2.19.22 (mostly these, but of course all the other general improvements as
well) that we just won't keep it working on the different versions.
So in *this* case I can ignore that.

Is this something that has been integrated into LilyPond by now? I seem
to recall that words in lyrics are joined now if there's no space for
hyphensl

This would be news to me.

Oh, what I pity. I thought this would work by now.
Obviously I mistook it for the feature that the hyphen is automatically
removed (see attachment).

Do you recall any reason why you didn't add this to LilyPond then?

Probably because introducing a new LyricWord grob seemed like a big change,
so I was hoping for some feedback before going forward.  Also, I seem to
remember some issues reported on the user list or on GitHub.  I haven't
looked into these.

I'm happy to push forward with this, but it would be best when 2.20 has
been locked down.