Amit, Hello! Long time no seeing :-).

Sorry for the late answer.

On 01-10-2013 11:59, Amit Kucheria wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 1, 2013 at 7:53 PM, Dave Pigott <dave.pig...@linaro.org> wrote:

>>> default path for such hardware is at /sys/class/hwmon/hwmon* (mostly it
>>> will be associated with CPU only). You can trying cat temp*_input file at
>>> this path
>>
>> Already tried looking in there, and various other potential places, but
>> don't seem to have anything.
>>

> Hmm, the am335x SoC in the beaglebone seems to have a bandgap sensor
> to measure case temperature[1]. Is the bandgap driver enabled in the
> kernel? Adding Eduardo (maintainer) to shed some light on whether the
> bandgap driver in mainline already has am335x support.

The TI Bandgap IP driver is located under
drivers/thermal/ti-soc-thermal/. There we have support for the Bandgap
IPs present on OMAP4430/OMAP4460/OMAP4470/OMAP543[0|2] and DRA7 devices.

On the other hand, TI HW engineers discourage the usage of AM335x
bandgap IP, due to variability of sensor accuracy, they are copied here.
This is the main reason why I didn't upstream any code.

--
You have got to be excited about what you are doing. (L. Lamport)

Eduardo Valentin