I think it can be done if you setup NFS on VM.

The initial problem for CMS is the 8.8 limit (fn is 8 bytes and ft
being 8 bytes), and add in directories limit of 8 bytes and no imbeded
spaces.  In other words the Linux directory and file name structure is
incompatable with CMS.

Linux can install from NFS.  VM has NFS.  That might be doable.

SMB is a network sharing method for Windows can can be used by Linux.
Also, if you have an FTP server on Windows, you can install via FTP to
Linux.

Tom Duerbusch
THD Consulting

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 02/25/05 11:39 AM >>>
I am reading the instructions on how to do this and I am wondering why
need the SuSE files to be on a network drive.  Why can't I just FTP
them
directly from the CD-Rom on a Windows pc directly into VM?

The other suggestion in the SuSE installation manual is to use a Linux
pc, but I don't think that I will be able to have one available to me.

Thanks for responding to a newbie question.

Maureen S. Boyes
Senior Systems Analyst
MFS Investment Management
500 Boylston Street
Boston, MA 02116

"MFS Relay Service" made the following
 annotations on 02/25/2005 12:46:52 PM
This email communication and any attachments may contain proprietary,
confidential, or privileged information.  If you are not the intended
recipient, you are hereby notified that you have received this email in
error and that any review, disclosure, dissemination, distribution or
copying of it or its contents is prohibited.  The sender does not waive
confidentiality or any privilege by mistransmission.  If you have
received this email in error, please notify the sender immediately,
delete this email, and destroy all copies and any attachments.

send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the message: INFO LINUX-390
or visit