From: Linux on 390 Port [mailto:LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU] On Behalf Of mohd rizal
Sent: 13 February 2017 3:22 AM
To: LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU
Subject: LinuxOne and Oracle License

Hi All,

We just bought LinuxOne machine purposely to run the Oracle database. This
machine come with 10 IFLs. 4 LPARs will be created and z/VM ver 6.4 and SUSE
Linux will run on top of it.

I have some issue regarding the Oracle license. Company only bought 5 oracle
license for this year and will buy the remaining 5 license next year.

In the HMC, can we give 5 IFL to all LPAR:-
LPAR1 = 5 IFL
LPAR2 = 5 IFL
LPAR3 = 5 IFL
LPAR4 = 5 IFL

or we should setup like this;-
LPAR1 = 2 IFL
LPAR2 = 1 IFL
LPAR3 = 1 IFL
LPAR4 = 1 IFL

I don't want to have any issue with the auditor team later on. Please give some
advice...

Thanks in advance
-Mohd-

For LINUX-390 subscribe / signoff / archive access instructions, send email to
lists...@vm.marist.edu with the message: INFO LINUX-390 or visit
For more information on Linux on System z, visit http://wiki.linuxvm.org/

Information in this e-mail and any attachments is confidential, and may not be
copied or used by anyone other than the addressee, nor disclosed to any third
party without our permission. There is no intention to create any legally
binding contract or other binding commitment through the use of this electronic
communication unless it is issued in accordance with the Experian Limited
standard terms and conditions of purchase or other express written agreement
between Experian Limited and the recipient. Although Experian has taken
reasonable steps to ensure that this communication and any attachments are free
from computer viruses, you are advised to take your own steps to ensure that
they are actually virus free.

Experian Ltd is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
Companies Act information: Registered name: Experian Limited. Registered
office: The Sir John Peace Building, Experian Way, NG2 Business Park,
Nottingham, NG80 1ZZ, United Kingdom. Place of registration: England and Wales.
Registered number: 653331.