One requirement with building proxy guests for GDPS/xDR is that you do not use
virtual switches (since everything gets quiesed during a hyperswap).   So in
order to setup DEDICATED OSA adapters I think I'm forced to use VLAN tagging in
LINUX.  They also recommend using bonding.   Which goes back to my original
question.   When I clone a guest I'm coming up on a VSWITCH connected via eth0,
on VLAN 14.

So I putty in at that point and try to configure  ifcfg-eth1 and ifcfg-eth2,
then ifcfg-bond0, then ifcfg-vlan10.   The free IP addresses I have are on
VLAN10.

I found  something on the net about loading a module (8021q) so I did that and
rebooted, when it comes up I'm getting the following

Mar  7 14:44:29 lxqmq001 kernel: 8021q: adding VLAN 0 to HW filter on device
eth0
Mar  7 14:44:29 lxqmq001 kernel: eth0: no IPv6 routers present
Mar  7 14:44:29 lxqmq001 kernel: bonding: Ethernet Channel Bonding Driver:
v3.7.1 (April 27, 2011)
Mar  7 14:44:29 lxqmq001 kernel: bonding: bond0 is being created...
Mar  7 14:44:29 lxqmq001 kernel: bonding: bond0: setting mode to active-backup
(1).
Mar  7 14:44:29 lxqmq001 kernel: bonding: bond0: Setting fail_over_mac to
active (1).
Mar  7 14:44:29 lxqmq001 kernel: bonding: bond0: Setting MII monitoring
interval to 100.
Mar  7 14:44:29 lxqmq001 kernel: bonding: bond0: Adding slave eth1.
Mar  7 14:44:29 lxqmq001 kernel: bonding: bond0: Adding slave eth2.
Mar  7 14:44:29 lxqmq001 kernel: ADDRCONF(NETDEV_UP): bond0: link is not ready
Mar  7 14:44:29 lxqmq001 kernel: 8021q: adding VLAN 0 to HW filter on device
bond0
Mar  7 14:44:29 lxqmq001 kernel: bonding: bond0 is being deleted..

I am unable to ping the 193.91.10.113 address from another server.

I tried changing /etc/sysconfig/network/routes from this:

default 205.145.91.254 - -

to this:

default 193.91.10.254 - -

But I lose my connection on eth0 as well as the new vlan10 bonded address.