There have been fixes for VLAN interfaces on top of bonding interfaces with
active-backup mode and fail_over_mac=1.
For RHEL6 for instance I remember there exists
RH1159818/1115606- "Bonding mode active-backup and fail_over_mac active for
Vlan interface Propagate MAC address is not working"

Make sure you run an up-to-date kernel.

Regards, Ursula Braun, IBM Germany