It's not really about Linux on z. But it is positive on Linux despite it's
title. The main thrust is about ARM. But, once Wintel is replaced with LARM
(if I may make up my own acronym), I think that larger businesses _might_
be induced to look at the z again. A "full blown" z13 will kill quite a few
racks worth on Intel or ARM servers (that's just my feeling, I don't have
proof. I'm not a bazillionaire to be able to run such tests).

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2017/03/20/microsoft_on_arm/

--
"Irrigation of the land with seawater desalinated by fusion power is
ancient. It's called 'rain'." -- Michael McClary, in alt.fusion

Maranatha! <><
John McKown