Thanks Stefan.

-----Original Message-----
From: Linux on 390 Port [mailto:LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU] On Behalf Of Stefan
Haberland
Sent: Tuesday, May 2, 2017 7:14 AM
To: LINUX-390@VM.MARIST.EDU
Subject: Re: [LINUX-390] DASD driver errors - sles 12 sp2 current maintenance

> I would open a ticket so that that Linux doesn't issue it when using a
> non-fp minidisk (which it can easily find out).  Error messages should
> never be treated as "oh, just ignore it."  If you do that, then you
> ignore the real error messages.

You are right and all I was saying was that the error message can be ignored
until it is fixed and that the fix is already on its way including special
handling for z/VM.

I just was a little bit confused with our code levels since I jumped through
various levels including very old SLES versions today and in between I assumed
that the command I was thinking about is not available in SLES12SP2 but it
indeed is and thats causing the internal error 09 message including the sense
dump, as stated in my first mail.

For now this can be ignored and does not have anything to do with the LVM
warnings that can be seen.

Kind regards,
Stefan

For LINUX-390 subscribe / signoff / archive access instructions, send email to
lists...@vm.marist.edu with the message: INFO LINUX-390 or visit
For more information on Linux on System z, visit http://wiki.linuxvm.org/