It's probably using UUID and not the 0200 address

Here's the things I had to do to allow clones and allow it to run in other
places after a flashcopy.

1. Added root=/dev/disk/by-path/ccw-0.0.0101-part1   to the kernel parms (under
yast2, system, bootloader)  (101 is our IPL address)
2. In /etc/default/grub
        GRUB_DISABLE_LINUX_UUID=true
        GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="root=/dev/disk/by-path/ccw-0.0.0101-part1
hvc_iucv=8 TERM=dumb  crashkernel=103M vmhalt=LOGOFF vmpoff=LOGOFF"
        SUSE_REMOVE_LINUX_ROOT_PARAM=true

        And then run    grub2-mkconfig -o /boot/grub2/grub.cfg

3.      echo 'persistent_policy=by-path' >> /etc/dracut.conf
        grub2-install
        dracut -f

This was on SLES 12 SP2.   We didn't attempt SP1.