On Friday, 06/09/2017 at 04:40 GMT, Mark Post <mp...@suse.com> wrote:
> > This is a tangent, but more and more postings to this and other lists
appear
> > like this in digest mode:
>
> I'm not aware of any email client that will pick and choose which
sections of an email are base64
> and decode them on the fly.  I suspect the solution is not going to be
on the LISTSERV side, but on
> each poster's client.  Which makes it extremely unlikely for a solution
to be found.

I note that Marist is running Listserv 14.x and others are using 16.0. The
problem is in Listserv or its mail gateway.  It won't accept HTML-only
mail, but it can't deal with other encodings properly in the archive and
the digest.

I looked at some by David (
http://www2.marist.edu/htbin/wlvtype?LINUX-VM.94245) and some by me (
http://www2.marist.edu/htbin/wlvtype?LINUX-VM.94237).  His appear to be
base-64 encoded and mine are plain-text.  Neither is stored correctly in
the LINUX-390 archive and, hence, the digest.

Alan Altmark

Senior Managing z/VM and Linux Consultant
Lab Services System z Delivery Practice
IBM Systems & Technology Group
ibm.com/systems/services/labservices
office: 607.429.3323