Thanks Paul,

Our security model does not allow sudo. Instead we use something called
pmrun which requires authentication across a network. (Don't get me started
on the pitfalls of that)

sudo nor pmrun address the issue of the "*Enter root password for
maintenance, or CTL-D to continue*" prompt when the system has problems
starting up.

I've convinced our security people that the zLinux console is acceptably
protected by the "logon by" option, especially after pointing out how the
typed zLinux password is displayed, and the console is spooled.

So, now I just want to get all this auto-login working properly. :-)

Cheers,
Don

--
Sent from iPhone Gmail Mobile