Hi,

I am a new participant in the list and after reading FAQs I have a couple
of questions:
- Is ELKS able to run executable programs from standard Linux?
- Is possible with ELKS to read the File System in the hard disk (I
suposse no, but I donīt know sure)

I am looking for a simple OS to use teaching (modifying the kernel) and
despite simplicity is very important, I'd like to be possible to load
pre-compiled programs and to have a file system in hard disk.

Is ELKS a good choice for this or it is better an old version of the Linux
kernel?

Thanks in advance
Inaki Alegria
University of the Basque Country