>I am a beginer with Minix and ELKS, but I prefered ELKS (not MINIX) first
>because Minixs' bad development. I actually mean that Minix's developers
>don't work so hard on Minix. At the first time, I asced Al about somethin,
>and I recived  answers very fast, on Minix distribution I asked some
>questions so, and I don't get any answer, yet. That why I prefered ELKS.
>And Minix news group doesn't work on my news server:(
>At the mean time Minix is interesting too..
>That is my prposition how to learn Unixs...

You're right, the development of ELKS is much more live than Minix (Minix
is considered finished or nearly finished). On the other hand, we don't
have a book that explains ELKS internals by now. The Minix book is
interesting anyway (The Minix filesystem, the one used by ELKS, is
explained on that book and it can be used to learn OS concepts from a UNIX
point of view as well). Because Minix has a book and ELKS doesn't, I said
that Minix _could_ be better for teaching (you and your students have a
reference book), but I think that ELKS is perfect for learning by your own
(if you enjoy learning by code).

ELKS is like the GPLed cousin of Minix and the small brother (or sister
???) of Linux :-), and all they belong to the big Unix family. :-)

best regards,

        Juanjo