I'm running Corel Linux and was trying to install
Sun's JDK 1.2.2.  I then noticed that Sun's install
page says that your Linux system must be running the
Linux kernel v 2.2.5 and Glibc v 2.1.  I didn't know
how to find out what I had on Corel Linux, but then
found a Properties display that showed me running
Linux Kernel 2.2.14 and glibc20.  It also said my libc
was version 6 and Object format is ELF.  I'm pretty
new to Linux, so these terms are pretty foreign to me.
 I did however find out that the latest stable release
of the kernel is 2.2.14, so I appear to have the
latest, but I'm stumped at where Sun gets kernel 2.2.5
from, unless they are suggesting we run a version of
the kernel that is not stable.  Is that it?

My question is, how do I upgrade my system from glibc
2.0 to glibc 2.1?

Also, what is libc 6 and is that the latest?

I used Corel Linux's update feature and it didn't show
any info in regards to upgrading glibc to 2.1, so I'm
assuming it's a bit more involved, but want to run
some software that requires it, so I wanna know how to
upgrade.

Any help you could provide would be great.   Thanks in
advance.

John