On Thu, 4 May 2000, Mauricio Etcheverry wrote:

> Hello, I'm from Uruguay so my native language is spanish, forgiveme by the
> bad english.
> I have an IBM ps/2 8525 (an 8086 CPU). The booting of ELKS works well except
> by some problems when trying to mount the hard disk  (I think it's toasted
> because don't works even with DOS). But the real problem comes when the
> Login prompt appears. I can't write noting. The keyboard is completly dead.
> I have a PS/2 enhanced keyboard with 104 keys.

I assume that the 8525 is the one otherwise knows as the Model 25, as I
think it's the only PS/2 with an 8086 in it.  I have one as well, and have
the same keyboard problem.  I believe that it is infact the keyboard, not
the OS hanging.  Anyway, I definetly haven't worked on this problem, and
the one other person that is/was on this list with a Model 25 I believe
was looking into the ... microchannel bus? (is that what they have?) to
try to figure out the problem.  I don't recall any solution being found,
though I may be wrong.  Sorry I don't have better news for you.

        Dan