On Wed, 26 Apr 2000, Hofmann Michael wrote:

> Alistair Riddoch wrote:
>
> > Looking at the state of the project it is no longer obvious
> > to me which way to
> > proceed. It essentially runs pretty stably on all my test
> > platforms, and I
> > have reached the point where it is no longer obvious to me
> > what to do next.
> >
> > Any ideas anyone?
>
> Yes. How about a Linux- or Minix-like way to install. To me it seems to be
> pretty complicated the way it is now, and I'm looking forward to a more
> user-friendly installation, for clueless guys like me :-)
> Ever since I discovered this great project, I'm waiting for the day to
> install it on my 286. Unfortunately I'm not experienced enough to
> contribute, except for maybe doing a document translation to German...
> Anyway, thanks for your work so far.
>
> Regards,
> Michael

A compact distro that would fit on a few disks and contain elks, a nice
editor for non-vi-enthusiasts (a tiny emacs? Even ms works 1.1. runs on
dos 3.3. on my 8088), support for several keymaps, a small rogue-like
game, a calendar app...

I think elks works ok but apps are needed. Then just call it 1.0 and whoa!
end-users will emerge to jam the 0806 list.

J.S.