On Fri, 9 Jun 2000, Alan Cox wrote:
> 11K with tcp/ip - I've not seen that. 11K core oh and its 30K for TCP minimum
> but we didnt tell you until you asked I have seen ;)

Have you seen WebACE?
http://world.std.com/~fwhite/ace/

It does bit-banging-serial, SLIP, TCP, IP, ICMP, HTTP, dynamically
generated web pages, and controlling an external port based on the URL
submitted to it in 454 instructions on an 8 pin microcontroller!

Okay, so it's not exactly a general purpose OS with a TCP/IP stack, and
the stack is far from RFC compliant (there isn't enough RAM for that), but
it's very cool just the same (and it isn't a joke either- I have the
source code).

--------------- Linux- the choice of a GNU generation. --------------
: Alex Holden (M1CJD)- Caver, Programmer, Land Rover nut, Radio Ham :