> : I think I've figured how to
> : sort some of the stack handling stuff out and get some of our data space
> : back.
>
> You're not thinking of backtracing stack addresses, are you?

No. Something much simpler. The idea being to get into a state where there
is nothing on the kernel stack needed when a task is not in RUN state.. ie
replacing the wait queue/select stuff with a V7 like setup.

User space Im very tempted to rebuild the system with the stack at the base
of the data segment, although that would prevent chmem working without
relocation maps on load. It trades it for the ability to truely grow process
space once you have swap

Alan