Title: Problems creating root disk

Hi,

I am having a couple of problems creating my root disk. Firstly, the instructions given in the FAQ do not seem to be working. I tried them twice but to no avail. the system hang at "Loading init" in both dosemu and when I did a cold reboot on a 486. I found a root image in the elkscmd directory and that seems to be working.

So what is wrong with the instructions in the FAQ.

Secondly, I cannot compile the elks kernel when I choose support for 286 protected mode. Apparently the linker needs a file "elksroot"/arch/i86/lib/lib86.a that is missing. Any ideas on how I can get around this problem ???

Regards
George Murage

  • TCP George Murage
    • TCP Harry Kalogiroy