Herbert,

any comment?  I'd really like to avoid introducing new pci_enable_msix
users in this merge window..

Hi Cristoph,

With respect to pci_enable_msix(), what do you recommend as a replacement? For the crypto/cavium driver, you recommend pci_alloc_irq_vectors(), which works well if the required MSI-X indexes are contiguous starting at zero. What would be used for a device that has 184 MSI-X, but only a sparse subset (fewer than half) of these are required for the driver operation. It would waste system resources to use an API that forces us to allocate 184 when only 80 are required.

Currently pci_enable_msix() allows an arbitrary set of MSI-X to be requested, which exactly fits the requirements of our (non crypto/cavium) hardware.

Thanks in advance for any insight you can provide,
David Daney