On Fri, Mar 10, 2017 at 02:44:26PM +0100, Ondrej Mosnacek wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I was tasked to post a summary the whole dm-crypt IV generation
> problem and all the suggested solutions along with their drawbacks, so
> here it goes...

Thanks for the summary.  It looks good to me.

Something else to keep mind is the potential to reuse IV generators.

Recently a patch has been proposed for fscrypt that also makes
use of essiv (search for "fscrypt: Add support for AES-128-CBC").
It would be great if we could reuse the same code for both dm-crypt
and fscrypt.

Cheers,
--
Email: Herbert Xu <herb...@gondor.apana.org.au>