On Wed, May 10, 2017 at 5:45 PM, Mike Snitzer <snit...@redhat.com> wrote:
> On Wed, May 10 2017 at  9:37am -0400,
> Gilad Ben-Yossef <gi...@benyossef.com> wrote:
>
>> On Wed, May 10, 2017 at 11:49 AM, Neeraj Soni <neers...@codeaurora.org>
>> wrote:
>> > Hi Keith,
>> >
>> > Request based dm (dm-req-crypt) is being used for Disk Encryption solution
>> > in Android used by Google. Also as i mentioned reverting this fix  improves
>> > the RR/RW numbers so this proves the request based dm is coming into path
>> > and is being used.
>>
>> Sadly, that is an out of tree module.
>>
>> Does it still use Qcom specific APIs in its implementation (qcrypto_* funcs)?
>> It did the last time I've checked - and the driver that implements
>> those is not upstream either...
>>
>> It makes it difficult to help - which is a shame since I am interested
>> in enabling higher performance
>> of dm-crypt when using HW based crypto transformation myself.
>
> I have absolutely no interest in request-based dm-crypt.  It is a hack
> to work-around limitations in crypto IV generation.

I agree. This is why I've said I'm interested in a high performance dm-crypt,
not "request based dm-crypt". They are trying to solve the same problem but
with the wrong solution and doing so out of upstream.

As the parlance of our time seems to go... sad. :-)

Cheers,
Gilad

--
Gilad Ben-Yossef
Chief Coffee Drinker

"If you take a class in large-scale robotics, can you end up in a
situation where the homework eats your dog?"
 -- Jean-Baptiste Queru