Jarryd Beck wrote:
> I tried that, but I wasn't sure about a few things, I was kind of making stuff
> up as I went along.
>
> Can you tell me if I've done this right?
>
> At the af9015_tuner_attach function I wrote a function
> tda18211_tuner_attach which
> calls dvb_attach. The one thing I'm not sure about is the function
> tda18271_attach
> has a parameter u8 addr. I don't know what that is supposed to do or where I
> am
> supposed to get it from.
>
> You can look up a datasheet from the nxp site, it appears it goes under the
> name
> tda18211HD, I don't know what the C1 at the end means, I'm hoping it's the
> same
> thing. The datasheet isn't very useful though, it pretty much only has a
> circuit diagram and a couple of numbers on it.
>
> Jarryd.

Jarryd,

Please don't drop cc to the mailing list (added back), and also remember
not to top quote.

The addr parameter is the i2c address of the tuner.  It is most likely
0x60 or 0x61.

For an example of how to attach the tda18271 driver, look in
cx23885-dvb.c for CX23885_BOARD_HAUPPAUGE_HVR1800 where alt_tuner is 1.

The datasheet on the nxp site wont help me -- i need to see the register
map.

I think that the tda18271 driver will work with your tuner, but we may
need to make some small adjustments.  If you look in tda18271-fe.c ,
you'll find the code that autodetects between a TDA18271c1 and a
TDA18271c2 ...   If the autodetection fails for your tuner, you might
want to try hardcoding it to the tda18271c1.  If that works, then I'll
ask you to enable the register dump debug option (debug = 4) in the
tda18271 driver and send me a dmesg snippit.  That should help us to add
the autodetection later.

hth,

Mike