From: Steven Toth [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, March 17, 2008 1:18 PM
To: Mark A Jenks; linux-dvb
Subject: Re: [linux-dvb] HVR-1250, Suse 10.3, scan hangs, taints kernel.

CC'ing the mailing list back in.

Mark A Jenks wrote:
> Do you think I should push the kernel to 2.6.25?

I maintain the driver on ubuntu 7.10, which I think has is 2.6.22-14 -
or close to.

I have another AMD system at home that the driver completely freezes on,

no idea why, total system lockup. I don't trust the PCIe chipset on it,
it's an early chipset and a little flakey.

Other than that the driver's been pretty reliable.

Lots of noise recently on the mailing lists about video_buf related
issues and potential race conditions.

Try running the system with a single cpu core and report back, also,
just for the hell of it, run memtest also.

- Steve